Google Season of Docs and Layer5
Google Season of Docs gives technical writers an opportunity to work with open source projects. Layer5 is participating in the Season of Docs since 2019. See below for a list of project ideas.
2020 Project Ideas
The following is a list of project ideas for Layer5’s participation in Google Season of Docs.
Improve Meshery’s Documentation
- Prepare Meshery’s API Endpoint Documentation using Swagger.
- Facilitate a documentation that provides developer playground and test interactions.
- Create structured, hands-on user tutorials that walk users through various user flows (similar to https://tutorials.keptn.sh) Developer / Contributor Framework
- Participate in the design of a dynamic framework for developers to use to ensure that error codes presented to users include a common set of metadata (e.g. a unique error code, description, likely cause, and suggested remediations)
- Identify and enforce standardized release notes practices.
Set of Project Docs
- Design and create a complete set of User Guide, Admin Guide, Install and Upgrade Guide, Developer Guide, and so on.
- Identify opportunities for improvements in current documentation website.
Our goal is to have helpful, consistent, and integrated tutorials for contributors, and readers of API reference docs.
- Use the Swaggo to generate the API Endpoint documentation.
- Use any open-source training track tool to create tutorial for Meshery and performance management.
- Update the contribution documentation and create an user guide for Meshery.
What you’ll learn
A writer who takes on this project will learn:
- How to work with stakeholders in open source projects
- How to work with different open-source tools to create training tutorials
- How to work with different service meshes & service mesh architecture
- How to create and render beautiful API docs