About Layer5We are a fun, talented and driven team dedicated to providing our customers with easy-to-use software and a world-class, open source community experience. While small, the Layer5 community represents the largest collection of service mesh projects and their maintainers in the world. Advanced and emerging technology, and empowering engineers are at the core of our company, and though we move at a very fast pace, we are committed to maintaining a work environment of continual learning and giving back to our community. A passion for great design, dedication to innovation and a strong social media presence are our building blocks for creating a unique and engaging brand across the cloud native landscape. Our headquarters are located in the hill country of Austin, Texas, and we embrace the unique vibe and energy of our hometown as an inspiration for our brand and company culture.
Layer5 offers seasoned professionals an opportunity to significantly impact the fast-moving world of Cloud Native. We value all of our employees, interns, and contributors and commit to providing an environment in which innovation is fosterd and hard work is encouraged. We do so in ways that align with your individual interests and career goals. User experience is at the forefront of how we create intuitive, innovative, and beautiful products that people love.
ResponsibilitiesAs a Layer5 UX Engineer, you responsible for weaving together strong design aesthetics with technical know-how.
- Work closely with UX designers, project managers, and back-end engineers to implement versatile front-end solutions to web development issues.
- Embrace emerging standards while promoting best practices in order to push the limits of what a browser can do.
- Manage your own time, and work well both independently and as part of a team.
- Launch, iterate, and make a difference. Provide front-end coding expertise, and help make our products better for users.
- Design and develop the front ends of user-facing products.
- Interns will enhance their human-centered design (HCD) techniques, producing software so intuitive that documentation isn't necessary.
- You will engage with users and the community to solicit and incorporate feedback on designs in an iterative and evolving process.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, HCI, Design, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in designing and implementing user interfaces (UIs).
- Experience in development or prototyping.
- Experience with and passion for user-interface design.
- Experience with scripting languages, such as Python, Ruby, etc.
- Experience with communicating to all levels of users (internal and external), demonstrated problem-solving skills, adaptable, proactive and willing to take ownership.
- Demonstrated sense of web design and attuned to the fundamentals of user experience, including accessibility.
How to Apply
Submit your resume and a short cover letter to: email@example.com