About Layer5We are a fun, talented and driven team dedicated to providing our customers with easy-to-use software and a world-class, open source community experience. While small, the Layer5 community represents the largest collection of service mesh projects and their maintainers in the world. Advanced and emerging technology, and empowering engineers are at the core of our company, and though we move at a very fast pace, we are committed to maintaining a work environment of continual learning and giving back to our community. A passion for great design, dedication to innovation and a strong social media presence are our building blocks for creating a unique and engaging brand across the cloud native landscape. Our headquarters are located in the hill country of Austin, Texas, and we embrace the unique vibe and energy of our hometown as an inspiration for our brand and company culture.
ResponsibilitiesAs a Layer5 software engineer, you employ our guiding principles to software architecture and design. You will understand and internalize Layer5's vision and strategy for helping the world adopt and operate service meshes; helping the world expect more from their infrastructure. Put your software development skills to use with cloud native paradigms and modern software making. Engineers will use their language-specific idioms, and their understanding of distributed systems challenges to properly implement best practice patterns of modern software design. You will understand how to develop cloud native infrastructure management software, and how to empathize with your target persona. You will engage with other world-class engineers from Layer5 and partner companies.
Competency with some or all of the following is ideal:
- Golang, or Rust
- Reactjs, Cytoscapejs, Billboardjs, Gatsbyjs
- Kubernetes, Docker
- Service Meshes: Istio, Linkerd, Consul, Network Service Mesh
- Cloud Native softare design and deployment; distributed systems concepts
- Holds a bachelor's or master's degree in Computer Science.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Results-oriented with keen ability to problem solve.
- Desire to learn and take initiative.
- The ability to embody Layer5’s cultural values among peers and across the community.
- A high level of accountability, reliability and initiative.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A strong ability to build relationships with community members and keep others informed.
- A growth mindset: desire to learn, grow and embrace new ideas.
- A shared appreciation for our core values of continual learning, making strategic decisions with fast execution, and creating a platform for shared success.
How to Apply
Submit your resume and a short cover letter to: email@example.com