Anywhere - Remote
Based on experience
We are a fun, talented and community driven team dedicated to providing our customers with easy-to-use software and a world-class, open source community experience. While small, the Layer5 community represents the largest collection of service mesh projects and their maintainers in the world. Advanced and emerging technology, and empowering engineers are at the core of our company, and though we move at a very fast pace, we are committed to maintaining a work environment of continual learning and giving back to our community. A passion for great design, dedication to innovation and a strong social media presence are our building blocks for creating a unique and engaging brand across the cloud native landscape. Our headquarters are located in the hill country of Austin, Texas, and we embrace the unique vibe and energy of our hometown as an inspiration for our brand and company culture.
Layer5 offers seasoned professionals an opportunity to significantly impact the fast-moving world of cloud native. We value all of our employees, interns, and contributors and commit to providing an environment in which innovation is fosterd and hard work is encouraged. We do so in ways that align with your individual interests and career goals.
As a Layer5 UI Engineer, you will employ modern web application design techniques to deliver fresh user experiences in the world of cloud native infrastructure.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Design, or equivalent practical experience.
- Comfortable with NextJS.
- Adept at CSS.
- Highly proficient with Reactjs and GraphQL.
- Experience in designing and implementing rich, interactive web applications
- Comfortable rapidly prototyping and iterating.
- The ability to embody Layer5’s cultural values among peers and across the community.
- A high level of accountability, reliability and initiative.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A strong ability to build relationships with community members and keep others informed.
- A growth mindset: desire to learn, grow and embrace new ideas.
- A shared appreciation for our core values of continual learning, making strategic decisions with fast execution, and creating a platform for shared success.
How to Apply
Submit your resume and a short cover letter to: email@example.com